Dr Kasaby -AME- Privacy Notice
Issue No: 1 Issue date: 25th May 2018
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
- The Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Dr H El-Kasaby collecting/processing their personal data.
- All Employees/Staff of Dr H El-Kasaby who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
- Privacy notice
- Who are we?
Dr El-Kasaby is an aviation medical examiner registered with the CAA. He is able to examine pilots for the purpose of providing class 2 and LAPL medical certificates. He is also able to provide medical certificates for cabin crew members.
Our Data controller, Dr El-Kasaby, can be contacted directly here:
- 01702 421020
The personal data we would like to collect from/process on you is:
Demographics such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail , and GP details.
Personal data will have been collected directly from you, the data subject.
Special category personal data
Medical and health data
Data will be collected directly from you or any other medical personnel such as your GP or treating surgeon/physician
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To assess your fitness for the purpose of issuing a class 2, LAPL or cabin crew medical certificate
- To pass the collected data on to the CAA electronically
- Billing and appointments as well as other administrative issues.
There is a very small risk of your data being breached by criminal activity or negligence. Your examination will be done at the BMI Southend Private Hospital while your notes are kept off site. Minimal chance of data loss could occur in transit. Your demographic data is kept electronically. A breach through cyber attack is a possibility despite strict measures to prevent that. Every effort is made to keep your data safe.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- The issuance of a medical certificate
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
- Biometric data
- Medical / health data
- Ethnic origin
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Dr H El-Kasaby to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by writing to Dr El-Kasaby at Southend BMI Private Hospital.
Dr H El-Kasaby will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purpose(s) as part of the processing activities:
- BMI Southend Private Hospital, for the purpose of record keeping
- The UK CAA, for the purpose of issuing a pilot medical certificate
- Retention period
Dr H El-Kasaby will process and store personal data for 7 years as per usual practice for medical information.
- Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Dr H El-Kasaby refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Dr H El-Kasaby, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with Dr H El-Kasaby’s Practice.
The contact details are:
Dr. H El-Kasaby, e-mail: email@example.com tel: 01702 421020
- Privacy statement
- Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Dr H El-Kasaby, will collect and use your personal data for the purpose of issuing a medical certificate.
Dr H El-Kasaby need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you a medical certificate we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or provision of a medical certificate. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Dr H El-Kasaby would contact you for additional consent.
Will Dr H El-Kasaby share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Dr H El-Kasaby in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Dr H El-Kasaby’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Dr H El-Kasaby use the personal data it collects about me?
Dr H El-Kasaby will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Dr H El-Kasaby is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Dr H El-Kasaby contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Dr H El-Kasaby at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Dr H El-Kasaby does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Dr H El-Kasaby or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Dr H El-Kasaby accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months).
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer:
Document Owner and Approval
The Data controller is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR.
A current version of this document is available to all members of staff by request from Dr El-Kasaby
Change History Record
Description of Change
Date of Issue
If you would like to download a copy of this document click on this link
Kasaby AME Privacy Notice